Monday, May 12, 2014

Car Knitting-Progress Report

I hope you enjoyed your Mothers Day weekend I certainly did.  We drove 1300 miles over the weekend so I had plenty of time for car knitting.  Here's my progress report!

What's on My Needles #1
Pattern: Thank You Hat from PurlBee.com (Free)
Yarn: Plymouth Worsted
Colorway: Basil
Needles: Knit Picks Harmony US 6 4mm 16 cable




I have begun the decreases yay!  Uh Oh!  Wait. FAIL.  TOO BIG!  URGH!!!!!!!!!  I could put this hat over a watermelon....sigh.  I am not going to finish it but I want to use this pattern again. Its too fresh to rip it out so I am going to ignore it...and order a differnt yarn.  I am feeling tardis blue!

See notes on my Ravelry Project Page HERE.



 What's on My Needles #2

Basic Ribbed Socks by Kate Atherly

Main Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight
Colorway: Thraven Fledge

H&T Yarn: Cascade Heritage
Colorway Charcoal
Needles: DPN US 0 2.00MM
Cast on: 48 Stitches-wish me luck :)
Via Ravelry



I had a ton of car knitting over Mothers Day Weekend.  I was able to complete both cuffs on sock.  What's up wit the left one you ask?

When I finished the first one I decided to start the second as I work my socks in tandem so I don't get second sock syndrome.  I didn't bring my extra needles but I did have some needles with me so I put the socks on whatever I had to hold the stitches so I could use the needles for the other sock.

Now I want to add a contrasting color to the heels and toes! yay These look like the are definitely going to fit..crossing fingers!  I am ready to start the heel flap!

My socks are hanging out in my Piddleloop Bag

What's On My Wheel:
Wheel: HoneyBee
Etsy Seller: WCMercantile
Fiber: Wensleydale Wool Top 4oz
Colorway: Natural

I took my wheel to my moms for Mothers Day weekend so I could practice.  That's the benefit of having a wheel that folds :).  I am enjoying my wheel and creating all kinds of twisty mess!  lol but its how you learn right.  I kept losing the yarn, severely over spinning it and just having fun.  Here's a teenise bit on the bobbin:
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!
Toodles!
Emoniedezigns(Ravelry)


No comments:

Post a Comment